We understand that “sustainability” is not just a word; it is a way of life and a way of doing business. We consider sustainability to be a critical part of doing business, right along with an excellent product, superior customer service and increased revenue for our clients. We are here for the long term, not the quick profit. We believe that a commitment to sustainability is one that is necessary, not only for economic success, but for the health of future generations.
The Safemark Difference:
- Mitigate our effects on our planet, while creating value for our customers
- Consider the environmental impacts of all decisions.
- Create and continually revise our environmental programs.
- Evaluate all aspects of business for environmental consequences. This includes the manufacturing process, transportation and logistics, office sustainability and our product’s “post-life” (we will evaluate our environmental efforts from “cradle to grave”).
- Listen to and evaluate all comments and suggestions to improve our green efforts. Our Green Team will continually strive to identify areas for improvement and innovation.
- Grow our green initiatives as sustainable science and green products continue to evolve. We understand that “going green” is a journey that will continue to evolve. As a global leader in our product, we would like to set an example for the industry and as such, will stay abreast of best “green” practices.
TRANSPORTATION AND FREIGHT
As a company focused on sustainability, we understand that one of the best ways to reduce our greenhouse gas emissions (GHG) is by reducing the carbon footprint of our freight and logistics company. We join the government, businesses and consumers in a partnership to protect our environment, reduce fuel consumption, and improve air quality for future generations.
Ningbo’s responsibilities are many. Ningbo is responsible for the overall supervision of the municipal environmental protection and they supervise the pollution prevention of air, water, noise, soil, solid wastes, hazardous chemicals and damaging radiation, motorized vehicle exhausts and the pollution prevention of the major regions and river basins. They examine and approve the new and evolving techniques and regional exploitation projects concerning environmental protection. They also conduct the comprehensive environment renovation of the urban and the rural areas of China. Ningbo is involved in the examination and approval of construction projects and products concerning environmental protection. The organization is extensive and includes many divisions:
- Construction Projects Administration Division
- Natural Ecological Conservation Division
- Pollution Control Division
- Science, Technology & Environmental Monitoring Division
- Organization & Personnel Division
- Policy & Regulation Division